Happy Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!

So it is official! Mark your calendars! November 26!
Winter has begun in Southern California
(Isn’t life grand)

Today was our first heavy day of rain. I am a little confused though. It was pouring when we came back from lunch, but now it is sunny, lightly showering and about 72 degrees outside.

Weather be damned, our tour still left on time. Chris, our tour guide, was loving the rain and started off without using his umbrella. Isn’t he great?

Chris 1 Chris 3

So to sweeten your Thanksgiving feast, we in the Pitzer Admission Office have decided to hold a competition. This competition was Justin’s idea, so we let him write the introduction.

Cecil the Sagehen
Haiku contest on the blog
Best counselor winsThat’s right boys and girls we are having a haiku competition.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the art of haiku, a haiku is a form of Japanese poetry consisting of seventeen syllables in three metric phrases of 5, 7 then 5. In Japanese they are written in a single vertical line, while in English they are broken down into three sentences.
For example:Haikus are super
Five, seven, five syllables
Danny is the best

And since I don’t want Justin to become the center of the blog…. I figured I would include another haiku of my own and this time it’s seasonal.

Turkeys taste good
Cecil is not a turkey
Don’t eat the Sagehens

So next week each counselor will write their own haiku and I will anonymously post them to the blog. The winner will be decided by you, the students, and whichever haiku receives the most votes wins bragging rights and the ultimate respect of the office. (we might have to make a crown)

Now that I have given you something to look forward to, here are some pictures from the second Preview Pitzer Day on Nov 14.

DSCN1572 DSCN1562 DSCN1560 DSCN1555 DSCN1549 DSCN1548 DSCN1544 DSCN1543 DSCN1541 DSCN1540 DSCN1539 DSCN1538counselors

z

Well before you go enjoying your turkey, lets play another round of…

Where in the World is Cecil the Sagehen?

This week is extra hard so double points if you get it correct.

Cecil in Space
Where is Cecil this Week?

Posted by Danny Irving, Admission Counselor

Danny Leaps for joy

Page last updated on April 11, 2016