Here is a quick look at our wonderful class of 2017!
Infographic: Introducing the Class of 2017.
Acceptance Rate: 14.5%
Enrolled First-Year Students: 253
In State: 42%
Out of State: 58%
Students of Color: 40%
Average High School GPA: 3.86
We also welcome 15 transfer students and 11 New Resources Students!
This year’s class has the largest international representation in Pitzer’s history. The countries represented in this year’s freshmen class are:
- 4% of the students in the entering class are Third Culture Kids (defined as students who spend a significant amount of their lives living away from their home countries).
- 27 exchange students are studying at Pitzer this semester from Australia, Ecuador, England, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Japan, Germany, South Africa, Sweden and Turkey.
- For the Class of 2017, 72% of students admitted to Pitzer were admitted under our test-optional policy.
We are happy to welcome a class that truly embodies the values of Pitzer College. Here are some examples of the amazing things already accomplished by this class:
- Served as a combat medic in Afghanistan for the military
- Traveled to Tanzania to help establish women’s micro-finance programs
- Founded an organization that granted many final dreams of patients in hospice
- Led a campaign for a cleaner environment in her native New Delhi, India
- Tutored Burmese refugees
- Helped restore 150 native plants in Honolulu
- Won multiple Irish Dance Championships
- Was selected as the youngest member on the Men’s Ultimate Frisbee National Team in China
- Raised $200,000 dollars for Syrian refugees
- Established a nonprofit that helps create transgender-friendly policies at multiple schools
- Founded the first gay-straight alliance at his school
- Fought for worker’s rights in the Pomona College dining hall
- Worked as a bicycle taxi driver in Chicago
- Is the Youngest Bikram Yoga Instructor in the World
- Is ranked one of the top teenage skiers in China
- Drove all the way from New York just to visit his dream school – Pitzer College
- Featured on NBC News in Chicago for his high academic achievement
We welcome the Class of 2017!