The Pitzer Writing Center hires in early spring for incoming fellows for the upcoming academic year.
Applications due Mon Feb 27, 2017.
An optional Information Session will be offered Wednesday, February 15, at 8 p.m., in Broad Hall 204. Email email@example.com or call 909-607-4321 for details.
If you are interested in developing as a writer and enjoy engaging fellow students in conversations about their writing, a job in the Writing Center may be for you. We seek applications from current first-, second-, and third-year Pitzer students in any discipline—from the humanities to the social sciences to the biological and natural sciences. Next position start date is the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester.
Pitzer Writing Center Fellows
- Are Pitzer students who consult with student writers on projects
- Work an average of 50-60 hours per semester, typically in one or two 3-hour shifts per week
- Receive paid training through hands-on workshops and staff meetings throughout the year
- Publicize the Writing Center around campus and engage in other optional special projects
- Complete the half-credit course WRIT100: The Teaching and Tutoring of Writing
- Serve as leaders of writing on campus with opportunities to facilitate workshops and present at regional and national conferences
- Earn $10.50/hr. (work-study and non-work study)
TO APPLY please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a resume, transcript (unofficial is fine), an academic writing sample, and a 1-2 page cover letter reflecting on what you’d hope to contribute and learn from serving as a Fellow in the Writing Center. Please include your student I.D. and mailbox numbers in your cover letter. If you would be interested in a special role as an embedded Fellowship Specialist in the Fulbright course, providing support and feedback for Fulbright teaching and research applicants during course sessions and in one-on-one Writing Center appointments, please indicate this in your cover letter and explain why you’re interested in this role and what would make you a strong candidate.
Contact Jenny Thomas, Writing Center Coordinator, email@example.com