Page last updated on March 16, 2017
Support Pitzer College by Joining the Parent Volunteer Program
As a Pitzer College Parent Volunteer, you will have the opportunity to engage with the College in a meaningful way and learn more about your student’s educational experience.
Campus Event Ambassador
Volunteering at campus events provides an excellent opportunity to assist the College while remaining connected to your student during his or her stay at Pitzer. Parents may help provide programmatic support for any of the following events:
- Parent Orientation
- Parent Orientation is a wonderful opportunity for new parents to learn about Pitzer College and get acquainted with the campus.
- Family Weekend
- All parents and family members of Pitzer students are invited to campus for this annual event held in February.
- This weekend is a great opportunity for students to share their life at Pitzer with loved ones. Campus Event ambassadors serve in the following ways:
- Participating in information sessions
Making phone calls to invite fellow parents to campus events
Career Services Parent Ambassador
Through the Office of Career Services, parent ambassadors offer Pitzer students real world advice and expertise from diverse fields. Career Service ambassadors may help in a number of ways:
- Sending the Office of Career Services job and internship opportunities at your place of employment
Offering to host summer or winter break job-shadowing opportunities
Providing general assistance with resume review and mock interviews
Supporting the Parent Internship Fund
Participating in information sessions
Contributions to the Pitzer Fund enable Pitzer to maintain and strengthen a number of important programs, including financial aid, faculty research, study abroad and student services. Fundraising ambassadors serve in the following ways:
- Contributing personally to the Pitzer Fund
Making phone calls to other parents to thank them for their financial support of the College
Attend or host events in your region and share why you support the College
Many students and their families come to Pitzer from regions outside of California and desire to remain connected to the College. Our Regional ambassadors act as the College’s liaisons by engaging local families and serving as hosts for Pitzer gatherings. Ambassadors are desired in Boston, Chicago, DC, Los Angeles, New York, Portland, San Francisco and Seattle. They serve in the following ways:
- Making phone calls to parents and families to invite them to Pitzer events in your area
Hosting Summer Welcome Receptions or alumni-parent events
Serving as a local contact for Pitzer families in your area
Parent Leadership Council
The Parent Leadership Council (PLC) serves as the volunteer leadership organization for the Pitzer College Parent Association. The PLC supports the efforts of the Office of Parent Relations and assists with the design and implementation of programs that provide connections to families of Pitzer students and alumni.