Page last updated on January 27, 2017
Information and Application
Summer session students are not required to live on campus.
- Pitzer College offers on-campus summer housing through the Office of Student Affairs. Housing is open to Pitzer College students, graduates, students enrolled in Pitzer Summer Session courses, and all Claremont College students working with 7C faculty and/or staff.
- Student Affairs staff will be available during the summer to offer a range of academic and residential support services. Some services will be limited and the College’s comprehensive residence life program will not be in effect during the summer.
- You must be working at Pitzer, doing coursework, an internship (endorsed by a Pitzer staff or faculty), research with faculty, or engaged in approved activities on campus during the summer to qualify for housing. Documentation from a staff or faculty member (that includes dates of your work) to confirm participation is required of all applicants (unless you are enrolled in a Summer Session course).
- Only a limited number of rooms are available and are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. Make your reservation early.
- Rooms may be rented on a weekly basis.
- Students are required to vacate their summer room within 48 hours after their last course or last commitment to their faculty, staff, job, or internship.
- Housing is available starting Sunday, May 14, 2017 for Pitzer Students.
- If you are a Pitzer student currently living on campus, you may be given permission to stay in your current room until your summer room is ready.
- Housing for Claremont College students will be available starting Thursday, May 18, 2017.
- Please be aware that non-Pitzer students will need to request housing at their HOME campus until Pitzer Summer housing becomes available later in the week. A member of the Residence Life staff will contact individuals who may need to make this request after all applications are reviewed during the second week of May.
- If you are enrolled in Pitzer Summer Session courses, you may only live in summer housing until your classes end, unless you are continuing with another approved activity on campus.
Location of Summer Housing
Housing will be in Mead Hall on the Pitzer campus. Single and double-occupancy rooms will be available.
Double room: $145 per week per person
Single room: $170 per week per person
Summer housing charges are due at check in and may be paid in full or in weekly installments. If you are a Pitzer student, or a non-Pitzer student enrolled in Pitzer summer courses, you may charge summer housing to your student account. If you would like to charge your summer housing to your student account, please indicate so on your housing application.
Kitchen and Dining Options
- A regular board plan is not available during the summer. However, at least one dining hall of the Claremont Colleges is generally open throughout the summer, and you may purchase meals on a cash basis. Prices will vary, but are typically as follows: Breakfast $9.50, Lunch $12.50, Dinner $15.50 *Prices and locations may vary or change without notice.
- In addition, you will have access you to the residence hall kitchen during scheduled hours.
Residence Hall Programming
- Various programs will be planned throughout the summer by the Summer RA staff.
The summer housing application deadline is Friday, April 28, 2017 at 5:00pm, but rooms are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis and fill up quickly.
- Complete this application
- AND, If you are not enrolled in a Pitzer Summer course, you must also submit a letter from a Pitzer faculty or staff member indication that you will be working for, or doing academic work with them this summer and the duration of that activity.
- Contact information for the staff/faculty member overseeing the work you will be doing
- Brief description of work being done
- Start date and end date of work
- The letter should be written on letterhead and include the following information:
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.