If you are a strong academic writer and enjoy engaging fellow writers in conversations about writing, a job in the Writing Center might be for you. We seek applications from rising second-year, third-year, and fourth-year Pitzer students in any discipline—from the humanities to the social sciences to the biological and natural sciences. Position start date is the beginning of the Fall 2015 semester, with applications due Monday, March 2, 2015.
Pitzer Writing Center Fellows
- Are Pitzer students who consult with fellow student writers on writing projects across the disciplines
- Work an average of 50-60 hours per semester, typically in one or two 3-hour shifts per week (with select opportunities to work on additional projects or take on extra shifts during busy times of the semester.)
- Receive paid training and professional development through workshops and staff meetings throughout the year
- Publicize the Writing Center around campus and engage in other optional special projects
- Complete the half credit Fall 2015 Course WRIT100: The Teaching and Tutoring of Writing (unless completed in a prior semester), which meets Tuesdays from 11am-12:15pm.
- Serve as leaders of writing on campus with opportunities to become involved in a variety of teaching initiatives
- Gain experience that helps them improve as writers
- Earn $9.00/hr. (work-study and non-work study)
An Information Session will be offered Tues Feb 17 at 5:30 pm in Scott 230
TO APPLY please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a resume, transcript (unofficial is fine), and a 1-2 page cover letter reflecting on what you’d hope to contribute and learn from serving as a Fellow in the Writing Center. If you would be interested in a special role as an embedded Fellowship Specialist in the Fulbright course, providing support and feedback for Fulbright teaching and research applicants during course sessions and in one-on-one Writing Center appointments, please indicate this in your cover letter and explain why you’re interested in this role and what would make you a strong candidate.
Applications are due Monday March 2, 2015.
**Work study or non-work study.**